At the EuroBLECH 2018 exhibition, Bystronic is presenting the networked world of sheet metal processing.
- FoodPacific Manufacturing Journal 2018-11
- THE FORECASTS and projections are coming in. Mintel recently released a report on what it sees will be the top three trends for the next year and beyond – an assessment of how sustainability, health and wellness, and convenience continue to influence movements in the F&B industry. For those interested in U.S. retail, Whole Foods Market also came up with its top 10 F&B predictions. While you may already have your own expectations and plans, you would still be interested in consumer surveys and figures, and how the predictions will play out especially in Southeast Asia – and even how Asian foods are also influencing global cuisine. Whole Foods singles out longanisa, a pork sausage from the Philippines, as a product gaining more shelf space, along with products with tropical fruits like jackfruit and guava. Ingredients play a crucial part in upcoming trends as health becomes even more important to consumers. In this issue, read our features on the U.S. Export Dairy Council, Kerry, KH Roberts, and Wacker as they tackle ASEAN's needs. In the packaging sector, among th
- FMJE 2018-10
- COMPANIES are getting ready for Gulfood Manufacturing, which takes place from 6-8 November 2018. We have some of the products featured in this issue. On stand S3-E24, Hydrosol GmbH & Co. KG from Germany will be showcasing a diverse range of its ingredients including texturing agents. Palsgaard will be presenting the ability of its emulsifier and stabiliser solutions to enhance bakery, confectionery, and other food products. See them at S2-E5. Ingredion says its "Tour of Tasty Trends" on booth S2-D22 aims to teach companies how to overcome certain food processing challenges. Ishida’s equipment are ubiquitous at most events across the globe including Gulfood Manufacturing. The star of its exhibit this year is the Inspira, the fastest VFFS snacks bagmaker in the world. So you don’t want to miss it. GEA also showcases its wide range of advanced food processing equipment. This year, the company released a hygienic pressure pump for dairies. In the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, GEA and Almarai Company built the largest and most modern dairy processing facility with produc
- Restaurateur 2018-10
- Since 2007, Restaurateur has been providing an interactive platform for our readers: the decision makers in HORECA industry. As the leading media for the China HORECA industry, Restaurateur is not only able to provide in-depth coverage ranging from latest information to emerging market trends, updates on recipe, equipment, technology, as well as design and management, but also presents its comprehensive content through multimedia. These include e-magazines, a HORECA industry web site with daily updates and online exclusives, weekly e-newsletters and fully interactive magazine Apps including video links on iTunes and Google Play. In 2015, more content will be delivered via mobile and social media to meet the media consuming needs of the industry - in art via a weekly e-newsletter "the Weekly Special". In 2014, the cooking show section - "Magic Recipe" was launched to feature celebrity chefs to demonstrate how to cook their "hot" dishes. By utilizing excellent photography, selective features and creative culinary themes and with such current, informative and attract
- China Food Manufacturing Journal 2018-10
- China Food Manufacturing Journal (CFMJ) has been the leading media for the China food & beverage industry for 15 years. The magazine, in a strategic editorial partnership with Food Processing and Food Quality and Safety of the US, has served decision makers involved in processing, packaging and development of foods and beverages. The monthly print and digital magazines and magazine Apps with video links on iTunes and Google Play are source of up-to-date reports on food and beverage processing, packaging and safety technologies, industry trends and market developments. For suppliers, CFMJ is an effective multimedia platform which provides the latest information on their products and services for industry players to increase productivity, reduce cost, and turn innovations into real competitive advantages. Through a dedicated Food and Beverage vertical, the industry community can find daily news updates and exclusive online features, videos and reports on major industry events including live updates from trade shows as they happen to keep the industry stay informed
- FoodPacific Manufacturing Journal 2018-09
- RINGIER starts the month with the Asia Food and Beverage Summit scheduled from 4-5 September 2018 in Jakarta, Indonesia. Every year for the past four years, our company has been holding the event for members of the food and beverage industry in Southeast Asia. We have welcomed up to 200 delegates each time, so it is definitely an excellent networking opportunity as it is an excellent two days to sit back and listen to resource speakers refresh your knowledge of food safety, sustainability, innovation management, blockchain, processing technologies, and ingredient applications. A speaker at this event is Massimo Reverberi who founded Bugsolutely, one of several companies now incorporating edible insect powder in convenience foods such as pasta and snack foods. Crickets and silkworms, yes, they are the future of food, sustainable and high in nutritive value. Know more about these on page 6. This issue also brings interesting inputs from Kerry and Döhler on what’s trending in flavours and aromas. AAK shares an article on confectionery filling fats as well. The brewin
- FoodPacific Manufacturing Journal 2018-07
- Health & nutrition: We're born with unique physical traits, mental abilities, even susceptibility to particular diseases and conditions based on our genetic makeup. The quality of nutrition that was afforded us from the moment of our conception right into later years of childhood has also partly shaped what we have become. In her article Keeping infants healthy, our correspondent Pearly Neo gathers scientific references examining the significance of early life nutrition on growth and development. She mentions how crucial it is to ensure that early life nutrition is given not only sufficient, but also educated and competent attention. Innovation: In the March 2018 issue, we published Innovation Management, an article written by Dr. Miflora Gatchalian of Quality Partners Inc. in the Philippines. This month, we give you the second installment to that report which focuses on how to stay competitive. Sustainability: Forum for the Future, a non-profit group helping organisations across the globe create a more sustainable future, published the The Feed Behind Our Food r
- FoodPacific Manufacturing Journal 2018-06
- MEAT in its various preparations, remains a staple part of many an Asian’s diet amid an increasing consumption of non-animal proteins becoming evident in the region. Our report on pages 10-13 with data from the USDA, Thai associations, and other sources, tracks the production and exports of pork, as well as those of poultry and seafood from Asia. Together with the continued growth in the meat industry is the rise in the consumption of plant-based/vegetarian foods or non-animal proteins. Mintel’s report in April 2018 mentions health awareness as one of the key factors for increased intake of non-animal proteins in 2017, while concern for environment is also a trigger to examine processed meat production and consumption. Meanwhile technological developments in lab-grown meat production is helping move the industry in this direction although we may see the results only many years from now. One company that recently announced innovations is Aleph Farms Ltd whose 3D technology allows production of clean meat that resembles the qualities of traditional cuts of beef. If
- FoodPacific Manufacturing Journal 2018-05
- EVEN as partially hydrogenated fats – the source of trans-fats – are making your product all the more flavourful, or adding to its shelf life, there is no escape from the fact that you will have to eliminate these at some point. In fact, DD is just a month away. The US Food and Drug Administration states: By June 18, 2018, human food must no longer contain partially hydrogenated oils for uses that have not been otherwise authorised by FDA. The FDA gave companies ample time to prepare, having announced their ruling in 2015 that PHOs are not ‘generally recognised as safe’ (GRAS). Knowing the dangers of PHOs to health – that is, increasing one’s bad cholesterol – taking it out of the formulation is but the only step to take for makers of bakery goods, savoury snacks, creamers, confectionery, and so on. While early options were to use sunflower, canola, or soybean, their oils are high in saturated fats, yet these do not appear to raise LDL cholesterol in blood. Now newer innovative fat substitutes can be tailored to any food company’s needs, so product re-formulati
Flavouring technologies that use nutritionally-balanced ingredients are best for reformulating meat recipes, writes DIMITRIOS TZOUVELEKIS*.
Many canned foods have seen their share of reformulations, but they can’t quite shake off the “unhealthy” label.
Solid Edge University this year was conducted in Indianapolis. Siemens employees, developers, channel partners, and the press attended the 3 day gala event.